MXD Residential Tower | 121 Broadway | Kendall Square

What would a new Class A office/lab building serving as the HQ for a large pharma company be without prodigious underground parking?! Cross section from the filing. Not sure how the construction is getting done, with the vault area needing to be massively excavated.

Thanks for the rendering. (Couldn't find mine quick enough). Confirms up/down construction here. Build the slurry walls and sink footings. Then steel can go up while you simultaneously dig out the dirt and build the garage downward, with the slurry walls and footings supporting the steel structure. The Akamai building was put up the same way.

Thanks for the rendering. (Couldn't find mine quick enough). Confirms up/down construction here. Build the slurry walls and sink footings. Then steel can go up while you simultaneously dig out the dirt and build the garage downward, with the slurry walls and footings supporting the steel structure. The Akamai building was put up the same way.
Its twin likely won't be built for a while, since that 2-story building has an outstanding lease. I think that's why the cross-section drawing shows the solid vertical foundation wall in the middle of the below-grade parking between the two.
Geez, you weren't kidding about steel going up fast. Is there going to be parking under that building (up/down construction there?) Amazing what a signed lease will do. But also funny that building is going up like lightning, but the existing 2 story building, there it's twin will be, seems to have no activity...
This project has been operating at a pace that seems to be extraordinary in terms of overall construction schedule: consider that there was a almost-block-long 5-story concrete parking garage that got demo'd almost instantaneously (Jan - Apr 2023, per photos upthread), meanwhile a site-wide deep slurry foundation has been installed, and now you've got three stories of steel on one end of the site. An insane pace.

Back